4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Data saved to disk

I have a simple question. When I perform an internet search, traces of the search are saved to disk even though I do not save the data to disk. How is this so?

Thank you for any clarity you can give me on this.

Moon

Thanks
    Check your Internet Options, General Tab, Browsing History, Settings. You can set the time frame, how much space used and even to delete upon exit here.

Browsing History.jpg
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Moon,

Basically, everything that is displayed on your computer screen by a browser {IE, FF, Chrome, Opera, etc.} is written on your hard drive. As Ted stated above, you can control how much space is used and you can also delete these files with the browser's controls. You can also delete these files with programs like CCleaner. This should be considered part of your monthly, if not more often, maintenance program for your computer.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

VBA Rules!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Thanks
    And there are browser plug-ins for Firefox and Chrome which will clean all the data written to the disk upon closing the browser, or at any time you choose to do the cleaning manually. For IE, you can use ClickNClean, which also works for Firefox and Chrome. Choose whatever settings you want, and clean out as much or as little as you prefer. Secure deletion (multiple overwrites) can also be chosen as an option in these plug-ins or in CCleaner. I NEVER wait one month before cleaning out browser data! Daily or at least weekly is much safer in my experience.
    -- Bob Primak --