New Lounger
    Thanks

IE9 install failed

I installed IE9 on a Win 7 home premium 64 bit. It stated that the install was successful, I rebooted, so I then installed Win 7 SP1. After all was done, reboots, etc I tried to run IE 9. Although it started up and my Favorites were all there, some of the menu buttons were missing, I couldn't bring up the IE9 menu bar at the top at all, and it has effected my OS in some strange ways:
    1. My gadgets all went blank, although they were there. I played with opacity and all but they wouldn't work
    2. The icon in the task manager for ejecting USB drives doesn't work
    3. Windows Explorer file systems windows always open in a new windows as I navigate down the file structure, even though it is selected to "Open in same window."

I tried to uninstall IE9 but when I follow the process suggested by MS, IE 9 is not in the Uninstall menu

I then tried to reinstall IE9 again and although it completed and stated it was successful, IE9 won't even start now. I doubleclick the icon, it thinks for about 5 seconds and then nothing. When I open up task manager there is no entry for "iexplore"

Any thoughts to resolve? I can reinstall OS but don't want to do that if I don't have to.

Regards, Pat

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    You may need to do a repair installation of Windows 7. See how to splipstream SP1 into an installation DVD for instructions on building an integrated Windows 7 SP1 DVD.

Joe

Thanks
    IE9 will not show up in the uninstall list. Click the View installed updates link on the left. In the list of installed updates you will find and be able to uninstall IE9. When you do so IE8 will be returned.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Myers View Post
    IE9 will not show up in the uninstall list. Click the View installed updates link on the left. In the list of installed updates you will find and be able to uninstall IE9. When you do so IE8 will be returned.
    If you install IE9 before installing SP1 you probably can't uninstall IE9.

Joe