1. Star Lounger
    Thanks

how can I set the default folder when Outlook opens

When outlook opens it shows the mail group. Under mail are two other groups, personal folders and imap.gmail.com. The program opens with the personal folders expanded and I do not use them. I want the imap group expanded and not the personal folders. Is there a way to pick a specific folder/group that is expanded when Outlook starts? Or can I just delete everything in the personal folders section? I am currently running Outlook 2003, but have 2010 sitting on the shelf waiting to be installed. Windows 7 x64

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

3. New Lounger
    Thanks

Changing the Startup Folder

I can't tell you how to change the startup folder for Outlook 2003, but for Outlook 2010, the instructions are at:

http://living-with-outlook-2010.com/...tartup-folder/

Just follow the instructions you find there, and navigate to the folder you want Outlook 2010 to start in and you're good to go.

I hope this helps!

--Bill

Thanks
    This can be done with the select startup (command line) option when invoking outlook in a shortcut.

For a list of outlook startup options see: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/com...p#.ThsFA4KraSo

Jock

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jockmullin For This Useful Post:

jnealand (2011-07-19)

6. Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wpmann01 View Post
    I can't tell you how to change the startup folder for Outlook 2003, but for Outlook 2010, the instructions are at:

http://living-with-outlook-2010.com/...tartup-folder/

Just follow the instructions you find there, and navigate to the folder you want Outlook 2010 to start in and you're good to go.

I hope this helps!

--Bill
    I tried to follow this, but it does not apply to Outlook 2003, but I have Office 2010 Pro sitting here waiting to be installed, so it will be useful down the road. Thanks