New Lounger
    Thanks

Access 2007 - Set Field Default from Form

I am developing a database where a batch of new records are created by paste appending to the first field of a table. There are other fields where the input is the same for each record in the batch. To avoid having to copy to these other fields one record at a time, I would like to use the Default Value property of the field. However the values change with each batch, so to make it easy for the user I would like to be able to set the Default Value from a ComboBox on a Form. Is there a way of doing this?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    You can not see the default value at the table level to be based on the value from a form, but you can do it at the form level.
    Have a look at the attached demo.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards
    John

New Lounger
    Thanks

Access 2007 - Set Field Default from Form

Thanks for your prompt response. I may be doing something wrong but I have a problem with the Add People program. I select the State with the Combo, then start to enter a name. A 2nd form appears with the default in the State box, but the State box in the 1st form remains null. I tried putting the Combo on a separate open form and everything works fine. Actually this approach would be OK in my case as I am coming off another form anyhow. Your input much appreciated. I can now see light at the end of the tunnel. Regards Colin Lamb (Queensland)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    If putting the combos on another form works, that is probably a better solution. My form was just trying to point you in the right direction.
    Regards
    John

5. The Following User Says Thank You to johnhutchison For This Useful Post:

ColinLamb (2011-10-11)