New Lounger
    Thanks

IE9 64-bit stops

IE9 64 bit stops working with the message. " a program (website?) cause the program to stop working. Currentlly Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. Windows never close the program and if a manual cancel is given , it returns with the same above message. Never can not get to the web ?? Happened on IE8 once in awhile,

Thanks
    jacka

New Lounger
    Thanks

IE9 64-bit stops

Hello:
    I have a similar problem with IE9:

IE9 64 bit stops working with the message. " a program (website?) cause the program to stop working. Currentlly Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. Windows never close the program and if a manual cancel is given , it returns with the same above message. Never can not get to the web ?? Happened on IE8 once in awhile, What exactly did you do to fix the problem?

Thanks
    jacka

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    I moved these posts to their own thread. Please do not hijack another thread. Please do not post duplicate questions.

Joe

Thanks
    IE9 64 Bit is not quite ready for prime time. There are not 64 Bit versions of many add ons. Most of us use the 32 Bit version. If you look in Start Orb, All Programs you will see both versions of IE listed. The 32 Bit version is actually the default version. Try using it. I also still do get these problems occasionally with the 32 Bit version. The page reloads on it's own.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Ted:
    Thanks for the advice. I tried using the 32 bit IE9, but got the same results, as soon as I called in IE9-32, same as I got with the 64 bit IE9. I disabled all the add-ons for IE9-64
    and the error disappeared, so far. Guess we have to wait until Microsoft solves it. What does it do to my system when I disable everything?

Jack A

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    If the problem is addins you should reactivate them one at a time until the problem reappears. Then you should've identitifed the culprit and can contact the vendor who created the addin.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Joe:
    Will do.