3 Star Lounger Not Brightest Bulb's Avatar
    Thanks

Program does not uninstall

Ok I have a little eMachine that for whatever reason my 2009 Quicken program started getting glitchy when I tried to do a restore from my main machine. So I did a complete uninstall using something called Your Uninstaller that I have been using for a long time and never failed me. I then did a new install and ran into same problem. So I went to uninstall again and my uninstall program can't find it so I then tried free version of Revo and it could not find it either so any ideas as I've never had a program that did not show up on add/remove or my other uninstallers.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,456 Times in 1,325 Posts
    NBB,

Try to install again from the CD this may fix the problem.
    If that fails what I'd do is delete the program directory, then run CCleaner to clean all the junk out of the registry, REBOOT! If successful, then try the install CD again.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RetiredGeek For This Useful Post:

Not Brightest Bulb (2011-07-14)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredGeek View Post
    NBB,

Try to install again from the CD this may fix the problem.
    If that fails what I'd do is delete the program directory, then run CCleaner to clean all the junk out of the registry, REBOOT! If successful, then try the install CD again.
    Well I have never uninstalled a program from program CD. I guess I never had to, keep fingers crossed.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Brightest Bulb View Post
    Well I have never uninstalled a program from program CD. I guess I never had to, keep fingers crossed.
    NBB,

I didn't mean to use the CD to Uninstall, although some CD's do offer that option, what I meant was to Install OVER the failed installation which should, if successful, also reinstall the Uninstall routines.

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

Laptop Specs

Thanks
    Well maybe that explains why I've never used that method before. Remember my name "The NBB"

Thanks
    NBB,

That is what this forum is all about...learning. We all have to start some where and not one of us knows it all!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

Laptop Specs

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Brightest Bulb View Post
    Gonna try this stuff today, when you say delete the directory, are you saying delete the quicken folders totally. Will try the new install 1st but want to make sure if I have to go further.

Thanks
    Well it's He*l being me. I have used Quicken since 2002 and never had a problem. (never had to fix anything) I upgraded to 2007 and then 2009, same results and in the process have gone from 95 to ME to XP PCs. I did all the installs and data/file swaps etc myself again no problem.

Yesterday this started when I backed up on Windows 7 PC and went over to restore on XP-PC, 1st thing I get a window says I have over 50 data files and it immediately has me in a panic. Now all I had to do was get in Quicken folder and delete backup files that went back more years than I care to count. (I did that this morning when thinking clearer) then I ran the restore that I tried yesterday and guess what, yes all was as it should be BUT due to my brilliant moves yesterday I have a Quicken program that does not show up on any uninstall programs I have.

Still following me, well thanks to RetiredGeek I pop the Quicken disc in and do a install operation that the Quicken Wizard uninstalled the old program while saving my data and then installed new program everything intact.

Only reason I am putting this info here now is when you do something totally stupid I think it should be shared.

Only one thing to add to equation, this lounge as the young people say is "SICK" I believe that means "AWESOME"

Thanks
    I have found that whenever I do something at night when I'm tired (sometimes in the middle of the day) I quite often have to redo things in the morning when I have had some sleep. glad you got things fixed. I also use Quicken (I recently upgraded to the 2011 version) and am still figuring out how to use it.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    I have used many accounting programs over the years, and rely on QuickBooks Pro for everything now. Some folks say it is too complicated, but I'll admit that trying to work in Quicken [any edition] absolutely baffles me!! A friend got a new PC and had the 2011 version of Quicken installed, then asked me to look at a problem for him. Arrrrggh!

BJ