4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Blank Item in Report (97/sr2)

I have a grouped report that I need to run weekly. The information comes from a query. There a potential total of 9 different groups that I can have. There is not always a result for each group, each week, so the report that I have right now only shows the groups that have a result.

I would like to be able to include results for all 9 groups, even if there aren't any, (that way I can give the report to the group leaders so they know that they weren't forgotten, there just wasn't anything to tell). There must be a way to do this, but it's beyond me. If anyone can help, I would sure appreciate it. Thanks.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Blank Item in Report (97/sr2)

This is always a bit tricky, since it involves "listing" information that is there! Usually, this is done by using an outer Join between the Group table and the detail information. In the QBE grid for the query behind the report, right-click on the relationship between the Group and Detail tables. One of the choices is to have at least 1 record each item in Group table.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Blank Item in Report (97/sr2)

Mark,

That worked great! Thanks so much for the help. It solves a problem that I have been working on for a long time.