New Lounger
    Thanks

Non PnP Monitor Won't Boot

I have a computer connected to my large plasma TV (Panasonic 50PHD6UY), which is several years old and is not plug-and-play. Although the TV has a VGA computer input, there are no Windows drivers available for it. It worked fine with Windows XP but, after upgrading my computer to Windows 7, it won't start. It works OK with a safe boot and the computer boots just fine when connected to a PnP monitor. In that case, I can manually adjust the resolution to what the TV uses, then unplug the monitor and plug in the TV, which then works fine. But if I turn off or restart the computer, it reverts back to a higher resolution than the TV will accept. Does anyone have an idea how to make Windows 7 save the resolution I manually put in?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Welcome to the Lounge!!

Try right clicking on Computer and select Manage. When the Computer Management applet opens, click on Device Manager, double click "Monitors", right click the monitor, select "Update Driver Software", click "Browse my computer for driver software", click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer", clear the check box next to "Show compatible hardware", at the top of the list under "Manufacture" click on "(Standard monitor types)", in the right pane click on the closest description for your TV. "OK" your way out.

Joe

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeP517 For This Useful Post:

BobSB (2011-08-16)