New Lounger
    Thanks

logging on to Yahoo Mail

My main page is Yahoo from which I click "mail" and can log on. Lately, I've been getting a very official Yahoo page saying that my password has been compromised and all sorts of bad things can happen. It asks for my old and my new password (if I change it).&nbsp; I ignore this and click the home icon and get my mail.&nbsp; Not much help from Yahoo except they say that they never ask for passwords.&nbsp; Is t his a phishing site and if so, how can I get rid of it.<br>Thanks for all the wise help out there.

Thanks
    Hi glectic.

Attachment 28569

I also had Yahoo trouble, changed to Gmail cleared it.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Thanks
    If in doubt about your Yahoo account being compromised, follow the path from the "Hi Yourname" drop-down to change your password.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by glectic View Post
    Is t his a phishing site and if so, how can I get rid of it.<br>Thanks for all the wise help out there.
    glectic,
    Hello.... Just to be on the "Safe Side" to make sure nothing bad has "gotten on board" Download,install and Run a Scan Malwarebytes Free Regards Fred

PS: Use Yahoo Mail "Classic" without any problems
    Last edited by Just Plain Fred; 2011-07-14 at 19:10.
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks all. I tried all your suggestions, but the page keeps popping up. Now I can't get to my account to change t he password. I think the reason is that the alternate email I entered when I signed onto Yahoo mail has been discontinued (Verizon sold out to Fairpoint and no longer serves this area). Yahoo has not been helpful !!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Try back later. Lots of changes going on right now, maybe they'll get it sorted. One hotmail account was down here for over a week, looked like nothing but a mobile number would open it then started working again. Had the new Yahoo with purple on a few accounts, there is a small almost hidden skip for it. Google small popup in front in the way this morning, no way to turn it off, camera shy though, disappeared before I could get a snip of it, I suppose it really timed out.