2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Linked Tables (2000)

I have some front ends built in various areas. The data is kept in a back end database with the tables being linked. My problem is that occasionally when a user opens one of the front ends, the back end opens with it. I am looking at the server properties that show who has what files open. The same front end sometimes opens the back end to the user and sometimes it doesn't. The problem is that "occasionally" this locks out other users making their front ends non-updateable even though the dB was designed as a "sharable", when I close the "back end" resource all goes back to updateable mode again. I am puzzled. Anyone seen this type of problem before? The users swear they are not opening these files.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Linked Tables (2000)

Huh? As soon as you refer to the linked tables the data in the backend must be accessed (i.e. if you're checking the server properties you'll see that the backend has been opened).

Do all the users have write access to the directories that the front ends and back ends are in?

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Linked Tables (2000)

And you might want to check the backend to make certain that it has been set to default to opening in Shared mode.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.