2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

New login screen

Hello. I just noticed that I have a new login screen on my Windows 7 machine I just bought. Did the new updates I recently installed change it or was it the result of some other settings I may have made? I do not have any third party programs such as Win customize running so that why I thought I would ask. Thanks P.S I like it though.

Thanks
    There is the possibility that something has changed the OEM login screen to the Windows default login screen. It may or may not have been an update, though.

What does your present login screen look like?
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbearren View Post
    There is the possibility that something has changed the OEM login screen to the Windows default login screen. It may or may not have been an update, though.

What does your present login screen look like?
    Actually, it's a nice layout. It's a dark teal background with stylistic curved lines thoughout. When I first got the computer, the login screen was a light cyan. It's totally a non-issue, it's just that I've never known an update or other changes to the desktop to cause this.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Post a screenshot.

Zig

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zig View Post
    Post a screenshot.

Zig
    I tried using the Alt/prtscn but as I thought it didn't work. Now, it's back to the origional blue with curved lines. Never mind, I'll figure it out. Not a probem of course, just strange. Thanks

Thanks
    When you have displayed what you want to take a screen shot of just hit Prt Sc (not Alt/Prt Sc), then open Paint and type Ctrl+V. This will paste your screen shot into MS Paint. You can then crop or highlight, etc, save to desktop as jpg or png file. These files can then be uploaded to the Lounge using Manage Attachments in Advanced Mode.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Here's the origional log on screen

I took a picture of the origional log on screen, here it is

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Myers View Post
    When you have displayed what you want to take a screen shot of just hit Prt Sc (not Alt/Prt Sc), then open Paint and type Ctrl+V. This will paste your screen shot into MS Paint. You can then crop or highlight, etc, save to desktop as jpg or png file. These files can then be uploaded to the Lounge using Manage Attachments in Advanced Mode.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    This only works when a user is logged on. One can't take a "screenshot" of the logon screen, except with an actual camera.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Well, the "photo" option did work. Post the new logon screen, if/when it reappears.

Zig

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Will do. The only aggravating about this is, I like the old screen better and don't know how to get back to it. I'll let you know if it ever comes back.

Thanks

Thanks
    An app called Tweaks Logon can assist you in changing the Log on screen background picture to any picture on your PC.

I use a pic of my car:

TweaksLogOn.jpg

It actually looks correctly sized on my screen as my screen is 16 X 9 aspect ratio and the pic is cropped to 16 X 9.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Medico For This Useful Post:

Not Brightest Bulb (2011-07-19)

3 Star Lounger Not Brightest Bulb's Avatar
    Thanks
    An app called Tweaks Logon can assist you in changing the Log on screen background picture to any picture on your PC.

I use a pic of my car:

TweaksLogOn.jpg

It actually looks correctly sized on my screen as my screen is 16 X 9 aspect ratio and the pic is cropped to 16 X 9.
    Nice little App. tried it and like it good info.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Wink Yeah, that happened to me, too

Quote Originally Posted by Gomek View Post
    Hello. I just noticed that I have a new login screen on my Windows 7 machine I just bought. Did the new updates I recently installed change it or was it the result of some other settings I may have made? I do not have any third party programs such as Win customize running so that why I thought I would ask. Thanks P.S I like it though.
    When I originally installed Win7 last fall, I deliberately set it up to boot directly to the desktop, as I'm running only a single user account and didn't have any security worries (so no user password).

About 2-3 months ago, after installing some Win7 patch, my system started booting the screen that you described (apparently that's the current default Win7 logon screen). I'd take the time to deal with it, but it just requires that I hit a key to get past it, so laziness and procrastination has set in...
    Last edited by bethel95; 2011-08-25 at 21:02. Reason: spelling correction

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Ted, I tried that program and it works great! BTW, what kind of car is it that you have a picture of?

Thanks
    2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT. Picture looks weird in my example, and when the app is open, but because of the aspect ratio of my monitor and the cropping of the photo to that size, when displayed on the full screen it is exactly right.
    Last edited by Medico; 2011-07-29 at 04:55.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted