New Lounger
    Thanks

outlook 2010 duplicate emails with multiple accounts delivered to same PST

Hi I'm new here, but long time subscriber.

I bought a new IPAD that I want to use for work and I can no longer work around this bug.

Anybody have Outlook 2010 with multiple pop3 accounts saving the e-mails to a single PST file with "Leave messages on server" checked, I need to do this so I can look at my e-mails on several different computers.

It works correctly as long as you don't close Outlook, but if you close Outlook it fails to save the list of previously downloaded messages (pop3 uidl) to your PC and so the next time you open Outlook you get all the messages downloaded again and they are all duplicates. It has been a known issue since July 2010, and is unfixed by SP1. This worked correctly from Outlook 1997 to Outlook 2007.....

Apparently MS doesn't know how to fix it, anyone have a work around or some pull at Microsoft?

Original thread:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/o...=1310921755042

Thanks For any help.
    r

Lounger
    Thanks
    I've gone back to Outlook 2007 as well. There are some nice things about Outlook 2010, but just not for the POP crowd, not yet anyway. They will fix it, they always do. Now the big thing for me is the image inserting ... inserting inline images that is. With Outlook 2003 you could do this and it would not resize the image. Outlook 2010 does this horribly wrong.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,397 Times in 1,220 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nwnick View Post
    Hi I'm new here, but long time subscriber.

I bought a new IPAD that I want to use for work and I can no longer work around this bug.

Anybody have Outlook 2010 with multiple pop3 accounts saving the e-mails to a single PST file with "Leave messages on server" checked, I need to do this so I can look at my e-mails on several different computers.

It works correctly as long as you don't close Outlook, but if you close Outlook it fails to save the list of previously downloaded messages (pop3 uidl) to your PC and so the next time you open Outlook you get all the messages downloaded again and they are all duplicates. It has been a known issue since July 2010, and is unfixed by SP1. This worked correctly from Outlook 1997 to Outlook 2007.....

Apparently MS doesn't know how to fix it, anyone have a work around or some pull at Microsoft?

Original thread:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/o...=1310921755042

Thanks For any help.
    r
    My Outlook 2010 works exactly as you stated. I have 5 POP accounts, all configured like that and I have no issues at all.