New Lounger
    Thanks

Image of Multiple "identical" workstations

I run classes in a voluntary organisation for older people who want to learn more about computers. We have 14 student machines, all kept identical. They all have legit copies of Windows and Office software and a variety of other free applications and utilities. We have a separate, slightly different workstation for the course leader, whom we call the Tutor. I can have a freestanding 1TB USB HDD available for the image. I can boot fron a USB memory stick or DVD.

Is there a free imaging utility that I can use to make an image of one of these and restore to any or all? I believe there is a unique guid for each copy of Windows, so if this is a consideration the utility will need to handle the difference.

Can anyone help?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This thread may or may not be helpful.
    Chuck

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for that. It provides some of the info I need. I think I have access to a licence that has the same product id for a number of installations, so that may be able to be used. Just need to find a suitable image utility now.

I am going to look at Paragon Backup and Restore. Does anyone have any experience with this (good or bad)?

Thanks
    I can only suggest that you do a search on this site.About what is the best back up program.I'm sure that there will be some great suggestion's.I would also suggest that you get another hard drive,thne buy a hard drive docking station.Or just buy an external drive.The best of luck of what ever you chose.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

Thanks
    The most discussed apps in these forums are Acronis True Image Home and Macrium Reflect. Search for both, mainly in this forum.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Macrium Reflect has a free version which may do what you want.

cheers, Paul