Results 1 to 2 of 2
2011-07-18, 06:41 #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2003
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lose internet connection few minutes after boot
Normally fast desktop stops connecting to internet, following first few successful connections after first boot or re-start. Machine connects OK on booting, or after re-start, but then fails to connect after a period of non use (5 mins, onwards).
But laptop, using identical software & same ADSL ethernet cable & router, connects OK
Windows XP SP3
ADSL via ethernet cable, to Zyxel router (new, with all cabling new)
Everything I know! i.e.
- Run McAfee virus scans
- Run Ad-aware scans
- Run Sophos anti root kit scans
- Compared all settings on both computers – the same
- Tried using each one of 4 available ports on the router
- BT engineers physically checked line
Any thoughts would be hugely welcome, plse
2011-07-18, 07:51 #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2001
- St Louis, Missouri, USA
- Thanked 1,030 Times in 903 Posts
Are you disconnecting?
Does the connection drop?
Are you shutting down IE & OE and then restarting?
What version of IE?
Is the PC up-to-date with patches?
Have you checked the power management settings?