Thanks

Way of starting a DVD at a specific Chapter

On a commercially-produced DVD, there is a short film available in about a dozen languages.

However, there is a flaw with the language selection menu, which makes it very difficult accurately to select the required language (which I think corresponds to a specific Chapter on the DVD). I've looked at the VIDEO-TS files, but they aren't held by individual Chapter. Looking within Windows Media Player makes it a bit clearer.

Can anyone think of a (possibly command-line) way which I can start/autostart this DVD in Windows Media Player or elsewhere, and go automatically to load/run the video for a specific language?
    BATcher

Mr Owl ate my metal worm

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you tried using DVDFab? I have just completed my movie library and with DVDFab you can strip away all the trailers, FBI warnings, other languages, audio options like removing the 2.0 track leaving only the 5.1 track. You can just basically just remove what you want and leave what you want. It will still save it in a DVD format or you can change it later. I can walk you through the set up process if you want?
    "Every Thing Changes but Change Itself"

[Core I7 920 DO][Asus P6T Deluxe v2][9GB Corsair memory][EVGA GTX 260 SC][1 x 256GB Crucial M4][750W Corsair PSU][Antec 900][Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit][3 x Dell U2410 @max. res.]

[Core I5 2500k][Asus P8P67 Pro (ver 3.1)][8GB Corsair memory][Asus ENGT430][1 x 90GB Corsair GT SSD][650W Corsair PSU][Thermaltake DH-202][Windows 7 Home, 64-bit][65" Panasonic Plasma T.V.]

Thanks
    Thank you, I've never heard of DVDFab! I'll take a look and ask again if I don't get anywhere...

It looks like it may be possible to do also with some of the more abstruse options of VLC.
    BATcher

Mr Owl ate my metal worm

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Make sure to set the target to where you keep your movies. Use the first title bar on the left called "DVD Copy" and look for the "More" selection, click on that and then select "Merge". The middle section will now show you the optional movie tracks. Just put a check in the ones you want. If you are not sure, at the bottom left corner there is a preview window, highlight the track and click the play button to see and hear the track. Right side has the audio tracks and below that are the sub-title tracks. Click next, make sure at the bottom you are set to DVD9, not DVD5. Once changed, click on start and just wait.

And yes the section DVD Copy is free, DVD Ripper is only a 30 day trial

VLC is good too, however we decided we needed more for the family so VLC and Windows 7 Media Center was not good enough for our needs.

Hope this helps you out.
    Last edited by swatbat2142; 2011-07-20 at 08:03.
    "Every Thing Changes but Change Itself"

[Core I7 920 DO][Asus P6T Deluxe v2][9GB Corsair memory][EVGA GTX 260 SC][1 x 256GB Crucial M4][750W Corsair PSU][Antec 900][Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit][3 x Dell U2410 @max. res.]

[Core I5 2500k][Asus P8P67 Pro (ver 3.1)][8GB Corsair memory][Asus ENGT430][1 x 90GB Corsair GT SSD][650W Corsair PSU][Thermaltake DH-202][Windows 7 Home, 64-bit][65" Panasonic Plasma T.V.]