Administrator
    Thanks

Google Toolbar no longer available for Firefox

Google has announced that it will no longer make the Google Toolbar for Firefox. See An update on Google Toolbar for Firefox & Toolbar not available for Firefox 5 & newer.

Joe

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,062 Posts
    So they only keep Google Toolbar for IE? This doesn't make much sense to me.

I actually use Google's toolbar, it's the best way, IMO, to keep a set of bookmarks automatically synched in IE and Firefox and between different computers and beats anything else I have tried.

Oh well, I guess since they don't offer the toolbar for their own browser, this was to be expected. Better not rely on them, anyway.
    Last edited by ruirib; 2011-07-21 at 16:38.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Ed Bott, always an interesting reading, wonders whether the end of the toolbar will mean a lot less revenue for Mozilla, from Google, thus raising concerns over Mozilla's future.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ruirib View Post
    I actually user Google's toolbar, it's the best way, IMO, to keep a set of bookmarks automatically synched in IE and Firefox and between different computers and beats anything else I have tried.
    Years ago I moved from saving my bookmarks on my browsers and trying to keep them all synched and switched instead to a bookmark manager. The one I've now used for several years is Linkman Pro. It's an amazing piece of software that integrates with IE, Firefox, Opera, and Chrome and allows me to always have all my bookmarks at hand regardless of which browser I use. It also permits me to search in any number of ways, including Boolean searches, and it can accommodate thousands upon thousands of bookmarks without breaking a sweat. The Pro version can also be used as a link checker, a feature I greatly appreciate. Finally, the tech support is amazingly responsive, just about the best I've ever enountered. As you can probably tell, Linkman Pro is one of my favorite pieces of software. I've just come upon an independent review posted on their site that goes into more detail. I'm often skeptical of reviews that appear on company websites, but this one was not written for that site. Moreover, I agree with MANY of the points made in the review. If you're tired of trying to keep your bookmarks in synch, or you're fed up trying to remember how you've organized your bookmarks and where you can find one whose name you can't remember, I strongly recommend you take a look at Linkman. It exists in a free as well as a modestly priced pro version.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cyberdiva For This Useful Post:

ruirib (2011-07-21)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberdiva View Post
    Years ago I moved from saving my bookmarks on my browsers and trying to keep them all synched and switched instead to a bookmark manager. The one I've now used for several years is Linkman Pro. It's an amazing piece of software that integrates with IE, Firefox, Opera, and Chrome and allows me to always have all my bookmarks at hand regardless of which browser I use. It also permits me to search in any number of ways, including Boolean searches, and it can accommodate thousands upon thousands of bookmarks without breaking a sweat. The Pro version can also be used as a link checker, a feature I greatly appreciate. Finally, the tech support is amazingly responsive, just about the best I've ever enountered. As you can probably tell, Linkman Pro is one of my favorite pieces of software. I've just come upon an independent review posted on their site that goes into more detail. I'm often skeptical of reviews that appear on company websites, but this one was not written for that site. Moreover, I agree with MANY of the points made in the review. If you're tired of trying to keep your bookmarks in synch, or you're fed up trying to remember how you've organized your bookmarks and where you can find one whose name you can't remember, I strongly recommend you take a look at Linkman. It exists in a free as well as a modestly priced pro version.
    I truly appreciate you taking the time to post such a passionate description of an app that it is obvious you like a lot. I will have a look.
    Thank you .

Thanks
    Thanks, ruirib, for your reply. I hope you like Linkman.