iNET Interactive
    Thanks

Can Google+ seriously challenge Facebook?

HOT TIPS

Can Google+ seriously challenge Facebook?

By Chris Murray

In Google+, the search-engine juggernaut hopes it has a contender.

Is it good enough to compete with the likes of Facebook, which has amassed over 750 million users, or is it doomed to be just another short-lived Google service?

The full text of this column is posted at WindowsSecrets.com/hot-tips/can-google+-seriously-challenge-facebook?/ (opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Having read you description of Google+ I feel it is another thing to stay well clear of. This sort of social networking does nothing for me.

Thanks
    Woody Leonhard has a take on Google+ in which he says it is a better fit in corporate environments than Facebook or MySpace, or perhaps better than LinkdIn. If Woody is correct, this may be where Google+ will distinguish itself from Facebook.
    -- Bob Primak --

New Lounger
    Thanks
    As a new user of Google+, I can say it's not as ugly or strange to deal with as some other social network sites, but it could be improved in many ways. It's interesting in the way it "suggests" connections but it's a bit hard to figure out who you're connecting with because you can't see a profile until you've connected... at least I haven't found a way. It's very graphically oriented so it's full of fancy images and "art"... maybe too artsy... I'll keep using it for now, but if it doesn't get better, it won't last.
    A former Soggy Sysop from Seattle!
    If it isn't broken by now, give me 5 more minutes!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I just got an invite today and have joined. I don't know how much I'll end up using it, but one thing I really like is the ease with which you can upload photos, both from pc and my phone(with the free Google+ app). I've never had a facebook page or any other major social networking site, so it's all new to me.
    Brad
    "The question of whether computers can think is like the question of whether submarines can swim"
    ~ Edsger Wybe Dijkstra 1930-2002