New Lounger
    Thanks

Problem with a Courier New 10 pt font (Word 2000 SR-1)

Recently installed Office 2000 SR-1. The staff almost exclusively uses a Courier New font, usually 12 pt for composing legislative documents. On a recent document straight typed, not converted from 97 or legacy WP sources, we've found that if a paragraph uses a 10 pt Courier New font, that underlined words, while appearing to be fine in print preview or WYSIWYG, are printing with the underlining shifting to the right as the underlined word's position moves right on a line

If you change the font size, the underlining appears and prints as expected.

We've tested this using HP 4000 and HP 8000 printers. This problem does not occur when using a workstation with Word 97 installed.

Has anyone had any similar problems? Any suggestions/comments appreciated.

Sample doc attached. Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Problem with a Courier New 10 pt font (Word 2000 SR-1)

Ann:

I didn't have a problem with printing it on an HP 4000. You might want to make sure you are using the most recent printer driver.

Also, you should redefine the Normal to be Courier New (instead of Times New Roman) along with the appropriate font size (10 or 12).

Hope this helps.

SJMiller

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Problem with a Courier New 10 pt font (Word 2000 SR-1)

I just tested your attached document on an HP 8000N printer, and it looked fine. I don't remember the exact version of our drivers, but I know that we do not have the latest ones (the newest driver caused more problems than it fixed).

Sorry I couldn't be of much help,
    Becky