New Lounger
    Thanks

Downloading YouTube videos the easy way

Just right click on any YouTube video, click on Save Embedded HTML. Bring up a notepad or wordpad, paste info, save as whatever.htm

That's all there is to it.

Thanks
    You mean Copy embed HTML? That gives you the code to show a Flash player on your own web site, but doesn't actually include any video content.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    A lot of steps to save a vid from YouTube. I just use YouTube Downloader. So simple, a one click operation. It also converts it to other media.

http://download.cnet.com/YouTube-Dow...-10647340.html

Thanks
    The quickest way to get real YouTube video content is not by saving the html codes, but downloads the video file from video real source. There are really many solutions out there to help record YouTube videos off net, but the most efficient way to facilitate you record videos from YouTube in batch and further convert them for watching on the go, you can use software called Streaming Video Recorder.

Thanks
    @Tashia, not long ago I tried Streaming Video Recorder but I found that it worked well only with Internet Explorer. Moreover, it occasionally screwed up my proxy server settings. I went back to using freeware that worked well on Firefox and didn't create problems with my proxy server settings.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    There are many addons to Firefo that can download YouTube videos. I use Video Download Helper, it works with YouTube videos, webcast videos, and just about any video content.

Thanks
    I still swear by Real Player. Last time I mentioned this someone said it was buggy a few years back, well it has been upgraded and in 3 years I have not had a problem.

Barbara

Thanks
    cyberdiva

As you said, Streaming Video Recorder is especially workable for Internet Explorer, while, Video Downloadhelper is created by Mozilla Firefox, thus it works well on Firefox browser. Personally, I prefer to use IE browser, and if you have tried all the functions of Streaming Video Recorder, you should notice that it enable you to convert videos and record video on PC screen. From these points, it is very useful.

If you shut down the program uncorrectly, then it may change the proxy server, I found the trouble shooting page for you to solve this problem
    http://www.recordstreamingvideo.net/...-video.html#1q

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cafed00d View Post
    There are many addons to Firefo that can download YouTube videos. I use Video Download Helper, it works with YouTube videos, webcast videos, and just about any video content.
    You're off topic. That's the easy, easy easy way - we're talking about the easy way