New Lounger
    Thanks

My Windows 7 Laptop Stopped Printing to my XP Printer

A printer on my home wireless network is connected to an XP desktop. I also have two Win7 laptops and have previously been able to share the printer over wireless with the laptops.

This has worked for me successfully in the past, but has suddenly stopped working. The XP printer still shows as my default in my printer setups, but when I attempt to print from the laptop, the job just shows as holding in queue on my laptop and never makes it to the XP desktop printer. I've verified that: I have specified the same workgroup name on each of the PCs; the share permissions are correct on the XP desktop printer, my home network is designated as "home network" on the Win 7 laptops.

I am stumped as to why it suddenly stopped working. Can you suggest anything else I should check? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Deadeye81; 2011-07-23 at 07:59. Reason: Edited to begin a new thread

Thanks
    This site has many tips;http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...dows-7-and-xp/
    I hope the above link helps.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

New Lounger
    Thanks
    chowur: Thanks for the link. This gives me a number of things to try/check that I never would've thought of myself. But, wow, the comment thread on that post stretches forever! I think that it's been active for over a year and a half! Just goes to show how pervasive this issue really is.

I'll post my results (hopefully reflecting success) in the next day or so. Thanks again.