Star Lounger
    Thanks

uninstall/install problem

I am trying to uninstall a corrupted Sony Reader Library program from XP OS computer. I get the following error message using Windows install /uninstall:- "The feature you are trying to use is in a network resource that is unavailable" though Sony Reader does disappear from the "All Programs" list The same message appears if I try and reinstall. I have tried a third party uninstaller-- Revo--- and have deleted all Sony related files such as kimona and Sony Corporation all to no avail. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    I'd try cleaning the registry with CCleaner.

If that fails and the reader is your only Sony device you may need to manually search the registry for SONY and manually delete all references. Make sure you backup the registry & create a restore point before trying this.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the suggestions. I have done a manual registry clean but it is easy to miss something. I will try using Ccleaner.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks RetiredGeek. Cleaning every Registry entry I could find both manually and with CCleaner failed to clear the problem. I resorted to a Langa non destructive reinstall which worked.