Lounger
    Thanks

Printing Pivottables in Acess 2007

I have created a pivottable based on a query in Access 2007 but I want to make it into a report, just as it appears in the pivottable view of the query.

The pivottable is for other users and a report is the safest and easiest way to get them to print it out with the requisite headers and footers.

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Have you tried using it as the data source for a report? I usually choose cross-tab queries when I want to do reports of that sort. Pivot tables are useful for drilling down and experimenting with different views of the data, but reports are static by nature. Frankly, pivot tables in Excel work a fair bit better than the Access implementation, but cross-tabs are quite useful as the data source for reports.
    Wendell

Lounger
    Thanks
    Wendell, thank you. I will explore that, I also realised that I could just export to Excel, which is neater than what I had done hitherto; export the raw data and pivot in Excel. This means one less step so fewer errors.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If you made your pivot table using a pivot table form you can export the pivot table format into excel, and from there use the many pivot table formats.
    When I make a pivot table form I also create a macro to open the pivot table form in a pivot table format, run the macro from my switchboard.