New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows Media Player 12 will not open.

I understand I am not alone in finding that WMP 12 persistently refuses to open (instantaneous error message is 'server execution failed'). I believe that I have covered all the recommended 'solutions' and none of them work. Attempts to reinstall WMP appear nugatory as the standard procedure simply disables the program and then reopens it. I have installed VLC Media Player and that works just fine as a substitute, but this seems a poor outcome for one of the flagship facilities on Windows 7. WMP 11 apparently suffered none of these problems. Any comments please?

Thanks
    I haven't used Windows Media Player in years,but I have to say that VLC has been my choice of player's.To long for myself to remember.
    On that note,I can only suggest that if you really want to keep WMP.That you go to your favorite search site & type in
    Windows Media Player 12 will not open.

The best of luck on what ever you choose.BTW,VLC will play more music from different sites etc,than WMP with out any trouble.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I would search for "WMP server execution failed". That gave me this lead:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...d-9df48500434f