Thread: Hyperlinking

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hyperlinking

I have a spreadsheet set up that uses a nested if statement to display a list of forms based on what is typed into one cell. There are three different sets of forms and I have just hidden the columns in which the data is being pulled from to display for the user.
    I would like to have the forms hyperlinked so that the user can click on it, have the form pull up and print it out. But the hyperlink seems to be attached to the cell rather than the text. So when I make a hyperlink in the list of data that is hidden from the users the hyperlink does not transfer to the list that they see.
    Any suggestions on how to do this??? Thanks!

Thanks
    Hyperlinks are indeed attached to cells, not text. Can you post a sample workbook showing what you are trying to do - I imagine we can come up with an alternative solution.
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

New Lounger
    Thanks

Example

Here is an example of the part of the spreadsheet I am trying to change. It is columns S-W that populates column G. The set of information that populates Column G is dependent upon what is selected in cell C15. I would like the hyperlinks to be able to change, just like the text, depending on what is input into cell C15.
    Thanks for your help! I appreciate it!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    I don't see any hyperlinks...

I don't fully understand your question, but I suspect you want to use the HYPERLINK function and link the parameters to a variable URL and display name...

Steve

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I did not include the hyperlinks in this spreadsheet. I originally tried using the HYPERLINK formula by hyperlinking the stuff in columns S-W. But because the hyperlinks attach to the cell not the text the hyperlinks would not show up in column G, which is the column that the user sees. Did that help you understand any better...sorry I am not very good at explaining this through the computer.

Thanks
    Put the Hyperlink functions in col g and have it lookup the URL and the display name...

Steve

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm not sure I understand...I can't just hyperlink column G because that information changes based on what the user selects in cell C15...

Thanks
    The references in the HYPERLINK function can look based on Cell C15. Just like you change the text in G with a formula, you can have that formula return a URL and a different formula to return the Display name and then use these results in the hyperlink function...

Steve