New Lounger
    Thanks

Question New Yahoo Mail Version

Yahoo has been bugging me for about 6 months to upgrade to the "new improved" Yahoo Mail. Have you changed/What do you think? The last time I tried a "new improved" Yahoo Mail was about two years ago. I tried it for about five minutes and said "Bleah! I'm outa here!" They asked me why I went back to the old version and I said (1) I couldn't find my mail inside all the advertising and (2) I can't navigate to where I want to be.

Also, they changed Yahoo Calendar about 3 moths ago and the new version is awful. It's slow, slow, slow. They took something that worked fine, added nothing and slowed it down. That's improvement???

I trust them to improve things about as much as I trust the US Congress to improve things; i.e., not at all.

The bottom line... Opinions on New Yahoo Mail???

Thanks, Harry

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    The new interface is cool. I am not an intensive user or anything, but the interface is nice to use. You have access to a lot of yahoo related stuff in a more easy manner. So, from the point of view of a very casual user, who uses Yahoo just for non important stuff, the new interface is cooler and easier to use.

Lounger
    Thanks
    I am having a problem with Yahoo Mail in that my Contacts List is not showing when using my prefered browser, Firefox. Says I have 81 contacts but the loading symbol goes on forever and never loads the list.
    I am running XP Pro SP3 with Firefox 5.0.1. Have tried Firefox in 'Safe' Mode (Add ins and Plug ins switched off) but no better.
    I have no problem when using IE8 or Opera 11.50, contact list displays properly.

The Help forum at Firefox notes the problem (https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/qu...+contacts&as=s) and 83 users have the same problem.
    Emails to Yahoo get responses asking me to confirm Windows and Firefox version I am using which I do of course, but no solution is forthcoming.

Any ideas?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Hi Dennis,

Welcome to the Lounge.
    If it's a problem that affects Firefox 5.0.1, it seems to me that the solution is to wait for Yahoo or Firefox to solve it. I am sorry if this doesn't read as the solution you would like.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the welcome ... have been lurking for quite some time!

While I can obviously use IE for Yahoo Mail, there is a work around I have found.
    Bookmark http://address.yahoo.com/ which takes you to your contacts list. Why it is not linked to Yahoo Mail I do not know.

Administrator
    Thanks
    I tested Yahoo mail with Firefox (the browser claims it's the latest version, which really annoyed me as I know I didn't allow it to upgrade, last time I used it was still on version 4). Had no issues with contacts, but I only have 4 of them.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    For me, Yahoo mail seems to be a bit slow and has crashed my Firefox (freeze) on occasion. The interface looks good however.

Thanks
    Yahoo Mail works fast for me on Firefox 6. No noticeable delay when I click on the Contacts tab. Try clearing your Firefox Temporary Internet files and cookies.

Jerry

New Lounger
    Thanks
    New Yahoo Mail has more problems (for me) than I can count. Getting back to Classic Mail was a hassle. Yahoo should have a new release that is BETTER than the present one.