3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Numbering Pictures to be sent in sequence?

I am running WinXP with Thunderbird as email client. I have a batch of 12 pictures I would like to send so that the recipient receives them in a particular order. I have tried numbering the pictures viz: 1,2,3, etc OR A1, A2, A3, etc. but for some reason they arrive in a scrambled order.
    Can someone tell me HOW to name or number them so they arrive in sequential order???

Thanks
    Hi PaJan, if the pictures are .jpg, open the folder and highlight all of them, right click top picture and select 'rename' enter the text you want in front of .jpg and hit enter.
    I'm not sure if it works with other formats.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Are you sending the pictures all in one email message, or in separate email messages? If separate, there is no way to guarantee the order of delivery.

Thanks

Cool

Why Thunderbird in XP?
    XP already contains an excellent email client, 'Outlook Express'.
    It will send pictures in the order in which you attach them to the email.

An option would always be, to sequentially number the pictures, then zip them up into just one file and send that as an attachment. When It's unzipped they will be in sequential order again.

If you want to really get elegant, put the pictures in a Power Point Presentation. Heck, you can even add some appropriate background music.
    I get such things all the time.

But whatever you do, don't ever send pictures just the way they come out of the camera.
    For emailing, pictures should be no more than 500 to 600 KB in size. (or even less)
    The raw pictures come out of my digital camera at about 32 to 36 Megabytes. Way too large for email.
    So I always crop and re-size my pictures before sharing them via email, or uploading them to Photobucket, for sharing over the internet.

Good Luck,
    The Doctor
    Experience is truly the best teacher.

Backup! Backup! Backup! GHOST Rocks!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanx all for your suggestions, etc. I finally found that if I attach them ONE at a time in the order I want them displayed that that works the way I want it. Time consuming but I've got lots of that.