Lounger
    Thanks

Program not unloading process when shutting down

I am using the Palm Desktop 6.2.2 with XP and a Palm TX with it. I have used this combination for years and have had no problems until now.

There is no problem with the Palm TX and synchronizing.

The problem is with the Desktop application. About 2 months ago, I tried to launch the Palm desktop after having just used it but it wouldn't start. After some looking, I found in Task Manager that the process Palm.exe was still running (Palm.exe is the Desktop application). I ended the process and then the Desktop program launched with no problems. Once I have the application opened and running I have no further problems until I exit the program. Then the only way to launch it again is to kill the palm.exe process first.

I have tried completely uninstalling the Palm Desktop application and re-installing it but I still have the same problem.

Does this sound like an XP problem or has anyone had any application that exhibits this symptom so I can have a place to look for a solution?

Doug

Thanks
    Have you made any changes in your XP system just before this behavior began? Any new software or hardware added? Restore points are iffy in XP, but if you have one that predates the problem, you might give it a go to see if that helps.

There may be some corruption in the XP Registry that does not get cleared when you uninstall the software. That could account for the problem continuing after you do a fresh install of the program.

Download and install Revo Uninstaller Free Edition. Revo will uninstall the program, and go a step further to sniff out Registry leftovers for cleaning as well. Just follow the prompts each step of the way. It is more effective than the normal Windows uninstaller routine, and most software vendors have sloppy uninstallers. There are no guarantees, but this might fix your issue.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Looks like a good suggestion. I'll try Revo Uninstaller shot. Thanks!

The only changes to XP were the usual Tuesday updates.