New Lounger
    Thanks

Cannot send or receive embedded jpg images

I have 2 new HP Pavillon laptops, using W7 and Windows Live Mail 2011. Both cannot send or receive imaged jpg images. I get the error code 0x80070003 and a note that there is an unknown application error. HP Tech Spt insists I have a virus in both laptops. Anyone??

Thanks
    It does not make sense that both PCs have the same error. Did either or both work correctly initially or not? The techs seem to be blowing smoke. They do not know what is going on. See if this article from MS helps. Another possibility states that a download got corrupted (on both PCs, hmmmm) This article explains a possible solution. A Google search shows some other possibilities.
    Last edited by Medico; 2011-08-03 at 16:23.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Did the PCs come with WLM pre-installed?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Windows Live Essentials?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes. WLM was pre-installed. I have not tried reinstalling WLE and will do so now. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP517 View Post
    Did the PCs come with WLM pre-installed?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Windows Live Essentials?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I did check that MS article and it doesn't seem to apply. I'll check it again for its solution. Thanks.
    ABC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Myers View Post
    It does not make sense that both PCs have the same error. Did either or both work correctly initially or not? The techs seem to be blowing smoke. They do not know what is going on. See if this article from MS helps. Another possibility states that a download got corrupted (on both PCs, hmmmm) This article explains a possible solution. A Google search shows some other possibilities.

Thanks
    I was more or less forced to set up WLM for one of my customers, back in the early days of W-7, before I knew that I could easily enable Windows Mail in W-7. It (WLM) looked like #$^% and it was a nightmare to set up and make look anything like OE6, which my customer was used to.

As I look down through this forum topic, I see one problem after another with WLM....more than with any other Email Client. So I'm wondering why so many people use it instead of something that's more user friendly. ??? Even Thunderbird is easier to set up and looks a lot better on the screen.

Now I always activate and set up Windows Mail for all my customers who are upgrading from XP and O.E.6 to Windows 7.
    Even the email address book can easily be transferred from one machine to the other, if the address book is first saved in .csv format.

Rant! Rant! Rant! (sorry about that)

The Doctor

PS: I find that in OE6, when pictures don't show up in an email, that a box needs to be UN-checked in "Tools, Options, Security",,,, where it says to "Block images and other external content in HTML messages."
    There should be a comparable box in other email programs too.
    Last edited by DrWho; 2011-09-07 at 12:00.
    Experience is truly the best teacher.

Backup! Backup! Backup! GHOST Rocks!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=DrWho;818797]
    Now I always activate and set up Windows Mail for all my customers who are upgrading from XP and O.E.6 to Windows 7.
    Even the email address book can easily be transferred from one machine to the other, if the address book is first saved in .csv format."

Intresting, I would like to do the same but how do You activate Windows Mail?

Asked Senior