I have Google's Encrypted search site as my home page. Around 2 weeks ago I started getting this message and I can't find the problem. I've completely uninstalled Google Chrome and Firefox (It happens across all web browsers) and re-installed to no effect. Once in a while I get this message: "A secure network communication has not been cleaned up correctly". I know it is something in my computer because I tested 2 other computers on our network and they don't have that problem. I am running Windows 7 Pro on a Dell Optiplex 980. One suggestion was to delete the cert8.db file in Firefox's profile folder, which I did, to no effect. I think it has something to do with a security certificate, but don't know where to look.
I just found something out: We have a couple XP Pro computers, and they do not have a problem, but I tested all our Windows 7 Pro computers and they are the ones that have it, so, apparently it is something with Google and Windows 7.