New Lounger
    Thanks

All of a sudden, Firefox isn't displaying pages properly

All of a sudden my browsing experience in Firefox 5.01 on Windows XP has turned really ugly. For some reason, certain elements of most pages are missing. I've reviewed the settings on the Tools>>Options dialog box and cant'see any reason things shouldn't work properly. I've attached a couple screen captures. Any ideas would be welcome.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Hi polymike, Welcome to the Lounge.
    Sadly, due to attachments getting shrunk, your images don't show much. Can you be more specific ????
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    If you click 'em you'll see larger versions. Some button images are missing; navigation control backgrounds are missing, I kind of suspect a cascading style sheet (CSS) issue.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by polymike View Post
    If you click 'em you'll see larger versions. Some button images are missing; navigation control backgrounds are missing, I kind of suspect a cascading style sheet (CSS) issue.
    Or an Add-On issue, have you tried it with none? (Help > Restart with Add-Ons disabled...)
    Do you "Believe"? Do you vote? Please Read:
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    DETAIL in your question promotes DETAIL in my answer.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(

Thanks
    Tools>Options, Content, Advanced button in the Fonts & Colors section; is "Allow pages to choose their own fonts, instead of my selections above" checked?

Tools>Options, Content, Colors button in the Fonts & Colors section; is "Allow pages to choose their own colors, instead of my selections above" checked?

It looks like your fonts are the same, but not the colors.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Rodsmine,

Thanks much. It was the Tools>Options, Content, Colors button. Somehow it got changed from the default and I have no idea why or how. Had I made that change myself, I'd know it and I did not. I didn't even check that setting because I had never clicked that button before. Odd. I don't know what caused it but it's fixed now thanks to you.

Best regards

Thanks
    Do you have the Toggle Page Colors FF add-on? It toggles these settings.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Nope; don't have that one.

Thanks
    On my XP Pro SP3, Firefox 5, all of a sudden my "Photobucket" screen was all messed up. (too difficult to explain and no pictures)
    After some troubleshooting, I found that the problem started right after my last Java upgrade. That upgrade might have been infected or jammed up somehow, because my System Restore would not restore any Restore Points either.
    I used a Ghost Restore to go back a few days and all was well again. I usually make at least one Ghost Backup every week, just for safety.

It was like a slap in the face, to do what I always suggest to others, make a backup before you install any program upgrades, like Java.

I sure won't update Java again, without a fresh Backup in the can. I may just stop updating it all together. Eh?

Experience is truly the best teacher.

Backup! Backup! Backup! GHOST Rocks!

Thanks
    Hey Doc, glad you had that recent Image. I occasionally get chastised for discussing Imaging so much, but it seems that Imaging just does the job, even during those times when System Restore does not. Glad it worked out properly for you. Cheers, Ted
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    I wouldn't stop updating Java. There's too many bad guys out there on even what looks like safe sites that take advantage of Java security holes.

Jerry