Administrator
    Thanks

Monitor & Manage computer from mobile devices

Manage up to three PCs (Win XP or later ) or servers (Win 2003 or later) for free using IOS, Adroid, or WP7. See [http://www.mobilepcmonitor.com/]PC Monitor[/url].

Pricing available for more than three machines.

Joe

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeP517 For This Useful Post:

Tinto Tech (2011-08-04)

Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    My first reaction was "What can this do that Teamviewer or Logmein can't?", but when I poked around on their website for a while and watched the demo, I can see there are significant benefits: not having to render the desktop or gui interface on the host. Access to all settings and services directly from an intuitive smartphone interface. Looks good.

The only thing I'm not sure about is the security of the account on their servers and security of the app on the smartphone. Their privacy policy is good and clear:
    No personal user data is collected or stored on our servers. All the data required by the application (such as the state of the computer, services state, running processes) is stored temporarily in our servers with the sole intent of displaying this information on the mobile device and are removed automatically after the request is complete. None of your account details are shared with any third parties.
    Going to have a play on a test box and see what it's like. Will need to look at how the login is secured, but it could be a useful additional tool to help manage remote Windows servers.

Thanks Joe, have a beer on me!

Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Wowsers!

Installed the app on my iPhone and likewise on a desktop PC. So cool. I can monitor and control all services, hardware, users, system parameters, the list goes on....email and push notifications on events down to individual service level if required, updates, changes to system....and more

Account control seems good for now. Managed to set a very strong password for the account and a pin unlock for the app on the iPhone. Locked changed to the system setup (this PC Monitor system setup that is) and locked the control down to one mobile device.

Many more things to play with, but Joe, please make that 2 beers on me!