New Lounger
    Thanks

Saving Autorecover File is Postponed error message

I am getting this error on files that I have transferred from Word 2000 on an XP machine to a new Win 7 machine using Word 2003. This is a single user machine and is not on a network. There is nothing unusual about the file names - one with the problem is named "XYZ Info.doc"

I cannot figure out what is causing it from searching this site -- some answers to related issues discuss NTFS folders but don't say what they are, in what OS, or how to find them.

Thanks
    Last edited by r webb; 2011-08-04 at 14:53.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    This may be related to an addin you have loaded. What do you have running in Word?

This link might help solve your problem http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...-c11f5dfd5320/
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I do not use any add-ins.

The article in your link mostly discusses addins, but I did find something about permissions - unfortunately I have no idea what they are talking about.

Here is some of the text in a link the article cited:

This error message will occur when all of the following conditions are true:

• The Word document has previously been saved to a share on a Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 primary domain controller (PDC), and the share is on a New Technology File System (NTFS) partition.-and-
    • Share permissions are set to User (Full Control), and NTFS permissions for the share are set to Administrator (Full Control) and <local group name> (Full Control).-and-
    • You are logged onto a Windows NT 4.0 client machine, and you are a member of either the local shared group or a global shared group which is a member of the local shared group.-and-
    • The "AutoRecover files" path points to a folder in a NTFS partition on the client machine.

Thanks
    What is your AutoRecovery Save path? (Tools > Options, File Locations)

You may need to check the permissions on that folder, or change the folder to an unrestricted area (e.g., a new folder named C:\WordAutoRecovery).

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks much - if I checked it correctly (Properties and Security then gives various tabs relating to permissions) then I am a superuser with full permissions for anything I can think of (read execute etc.)

I cannot copy any of the info or the subdir chain, but if it would help I can take & post screenshots.

Meanwhile, I will just change it to a higher subdir, like the one you listed.