khanada

Copying Info from one worksheet to another (Excel 97)

I currently have a worksheet with data sorted by date. Each row contains cells from five columns that shows office location and whether certains aspects of the project have been completed. I need another worksheet sorted by office location with the same data. When I mark a project completed on the first worksheet, I need it to show that it's completed on the second worksheet. How do I do this?

Thanks so much for your help!

-Khanada

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Copying Info from one worksheet to another (Excel 97)

What method are you using to mark your project as complete ?. That information would be required before it could be adapted/used for the second sheet .

Andrew C

khanada

I'm just marking an "X" in the appropriate column.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Lets say you name your data on sheet one as Database, and the name of the project is in the first column (A) and the complete indicator goes in the last column, e.g Column J (10th Column). in column J of the second sheet you could insert a lookup to sheet 1 to pick up the value of the indicator. For example in J2 on sheet 2 you could enter VLOOKUP(A2,Database,10,False), which should return the status of the project named in A2.

If you have a difficulty with the above, please attach a sample worksheet with some dummy data so that we can provide a solution.

Andrew C

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Go to the second sheet and select the cell where you want the top left corner of the table to appear on that sheet. In that cell, put a reference to the top left cell of the table on the first sheet, it should look something like this: =Sheet1!A1

Now, fill this formula down the column for the number of rows in the table. Now select these cells and fill them right for the number of columns. Format any of the cells that need formatting (like the dates). You should now be able to sort this table into any order you want, and any changes to the original should show up in the new table.
    Legare Coleman

khanada

Thanks guys! You're absolute lifesavers!!!

-Khanada