1. New Lounger
    Thanks

How does social media work with or for business?

My company is really looking into Facebook, and Twitter, and ....
    For the life of me I can not figure out what good it will do them (or even how they will use it).
    We are an Accounting and Tax firm, traditionally very conservative and legally required to follow high security standards.
    Any ideas how my company would use these social services?

Thanks

Stance

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

3. Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I've asked the same question, but have now worked for several companies who use Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.

In my opinion, they're usually just used as more channels for public relations propaganda (and sometimes staff recruiting too).

Bruce

Thanks
    See if the info in this article might help. A Google Search shows many ways to use tabs in Facebook. I can see where this might be helpful in your business.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

5. New Lounger
    Thanks
    The big reason to use Social Media in a business is to engender communication and develop relationships with your customers and prospective customers. It's probably necessary if you are trying to connect with young adults. It requires a real committment and taking time to learn how to use social media effectively. I work for a public library and have found free webinars from Common Knowledge (www.commonknowledge.com) very helpful. You can also go to your local library and get books on using social media for business.

It can be overwhelming to get started. It's best to do research first and then decide on the social media platform (Facebook, Twitter, Linked-In, etc.) that you want to begin with. At this time I suggest Facebook as it has the most use. However, if you aren't ready to commit to doing it well, don't do it. Having an unused Facebook page is worse than having none.

Good luck!

6. Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dschumann View Post
    However, if you aren't ready to commit to doing it well, don't do it. Having an unused Facebook page is worse than having none.
    True. While job-hunting, I've come across many companies who started with a flourish for a few months, but then lapsed into disuse for many months: Not a good impression.

Bruce