2 Star Lounger
    Cincinnati Ohio USA

duplicate display with projector

On a Toshiba laptop upgraded to Win 7 32 bit and using a Viewsonic projector, I can't get the duplicate display to work. If I have the projector on and connected (VGA) and then boot the computer it will find the projector and display on both. I can't get it to find the projector when I connect it with the booted computer. I just get the searching display on the projector and normal operation on the laptop screen.

Once running, I can't get MS PowerPoint to work with the projector for Presentation mode where the script is on the laptop only. No matter how I configure the display settings, I get both displays with the script and notes or both without the scripts and notes. I have checked the MS Win 7 compatibility page and they say no new drivers are needed for the projector and Plug n Play will work. The newest drivers on the Viewsonic page are for XP. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanked 1,270 Times in 1,139 Posts
    Do you have updated drivers for your graphics card?
    In your Toshiba, if you cycle through Fn+F5, doesn't the display change to a point where you have your laptop screen duplicated on the projector?