Thread: Mobile Me?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts

Mobile Me?

Hello All,

We're just getting ready to hit the road again in the RV and I thought someone might be interested in the setup we use on the road. I use a Jeffa Tech Router/Repeater {Modified Linksys WRT54GL}, a high gain antenna, 1 painter's pole from Lowes {notice how that gets the antenna above all the interference of the RV in the campground}, and an HP D-110 wireless printer. This setup allows both my wife & I to be on-line with our laptops at the same time and we can be farther away from the campground's broadcast point and still get good reception. You log into the Router and use the software {the earlier mentioned modification} to log in to the campground's wi-fi. Once that is done we just boot out computers and connect to the Jeffa-Tech router from our laptops and all is just peachy and marital bliss is maintained, well at least on the computer front.

Enjoy the pics. There was a 4th pic of my laptop signed into, where else, WSJ Lounge but the limit is 3 per post.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Thanks
    RG

Hope the weather is good, have a nice time. I keep a copy of a full blank screen, in white. I make a copy on the desktop, use paint.net to change colour if I need to, then open with paint from MS and paste onto it if posting multi pictures.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Thanks
    That's a great setup you have there, RG! Be safe on the road. Send us a post card.

Thanks
    Hey, now that you're going on the road how will you keep up on the 26 hours per day Lounge responses and our coffee? Have a great time, in a couple of years that is our plan as well. I might be around to get a little more info. This is NOT coffee. Cheers, Ted
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Myers View Post
    Hey, now that you're going on the road how will you keep up on the 26 hours per day Lounge responses and our coffee?
    Ted,

Guess I'll have to mount that laptop to the steering wheel since my better half doesn't drive the RV. I've seen other drivers doing just about everything you can imagine why not me?

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

Laptop Specs

Thanks
    Oh, but they are probably younger with much less experience, so they are "safe" doing these things while driving. You will only be allowed to drive 1 hour per day. The other 25 hours must be devoted to our coffee and the Lounge. This way going slower around the country will allow you to see much more. However, while driving around in your other vehicle while the motorhome is parked, we expect your wife to do the driving so you can hunt -n- peck on your keyboard. We will allow an occasional glance up to view the sights, otherwise keep typing. It's a two mug morning. Cheers and have fun, Ted
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info. How did you route the cable into the RV? Ours is pretty well sealed and I don't want to make any holes in it. Do you know if you can use the satellite cable hookup?

Thanks
    fbibiz,

We had taken our love seat out and I used one of the 2 existing holes in the right front compartment {the other two holes are in the wheel well and I replaced the bolts in those}. If it's using standard coax cable it should work but you will have to replace the connector that comes on the cable. Call the Jefa-Tech people they are very good at helping out with special needs.

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

Laptop Specs