New Lounger
    Thanks

Question Excel 2003 Multiple Line Entries

I have a spreadsheet that utilizes 78 columns of info - it is a customer data base and I need to enter a second line for each customer that only will use approx 30 columns of data

My problem is that I frequently need to sort by data that is only located in line one with no data in line two
    I have manually typed this info into the columns so that it will sort correctly but I can only assume that there is an easier way

Maybe like joining the two lines some how so that when I sort the worksheet line two for each customer moves in conjunction with line 1
    OR
    Maybe there is some way to make those empty cells only default to the entry above - not sure

I am a self taught Excel user so not as well versed with Excel as I am with Word - recently found the data form and thought that might be helpful when doing the data entry but it only works for 32 columns I also searched the forums for the above title but did not find anything

All info suggestions are appreciated

Thanks

Thanks
    I am not sure exactly the setup and what you want it to do. Could you provide a sample file with perhaps 10 and 5 columns to represent the 78 and 30 columns and elaborate on what you need...

Steve

Thanks
    I`m not sure you could set up an effective DB using two rows per record. I assume you are considering a second row to avoid horizontal scrolling?
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile