4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 7 Install, Keep Old Fonts?

I have a windows XP machine that was purchased right as Windows 7 was coming out. It was downgraded to XP to keep it compatible with the other computers in the office. (And besides, after the Vista thing, who wants to upgrade anyway?. . . That was the thinking.) Now we are getting new computers and the older ones will need to have W7 installed. I have a lot of fonts installed, besides the ones that come with Windows and Office. Some are installed by other programs, some I have downloaded and installed. Some I may have used in one document, others in many.

Before we upgrade, what do I do to make sure that all of my fonts are on the new system? Thanks.

Thanks
    See if transfer fonts from one computer to another helps. Create a system restore point prior to copying the fonts to the new computer.

Jerry

Thanks
    If Jerry's method doesn't solve your problem, when you do a custom (clean) install (going from XP to Win 7 does require a custom install) install directly over the XP partition without doing a separate format (The install will take care of this chore) The custom install creates a folder in the root directory (C Drive) called windows.old. This folder contains the entire old OS and can be opened like any other folder. You can grab things and drag them to the new OS (Pictures, Favorites, Documents, data, etc) I would think you should be able to find the fonts and drag them into the proper Win 7 location. You might have to investigate where the locations are. I hope this will help.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by donebb View Post
    Before we upgrade, what do I do to make sure that all of my fonts are on the new system? Thanks.
    Simply list C:\Windows\Fonts on both PCs. You may need to Unhide System Folders to get these to show.
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...