2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

unwanted program trying to install

When I to access my banks webpage to pay bills, check balances and the like, I get a pop up box that says at the top "A website wants to open web content using this program on your computer". In the box the program is identified as "Quicktime\qtask.exe". When i press the box that says "don't allow", I get a long box at the bottom that says "quicktime check Scriptable object". I discovered that I did have a Quicktime Program and uninstalled it. During the uninstall
    I was given a choice of "uninstall" or "uninstall everything" with an admonition (not recomended, some programs might not work). I chose "uninstall". I am still getting this attempted addon. What is this Pain in the Behind attempted addon? How can I get rid of it? How did it start in the first place? I checked with the bank. They know nothing about this.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Quicktime is a video display application from Apple. Does your bank's web page have videos? If so, that would be the cause for the message and I wouldn' think there is anything wrong with it.

Thanks
    Tools (Gear looking icon in IE9) Manage Add ons. Is there an add on for Quicktime that your browser uses? If so, disable this add on and see what happens.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    I get the same message on one of the financial sites I visit. I just ignore it and never enable Quicktime. I don't need the "entertainment" when I'm on that site.

Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you. This will have to do for me too.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Nothing listed. I can't imagine where this came from, but thanks for the help.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you for the reply. No videos from my bank. I will just continue to ignore it.