Thread: iPad help

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

iPad help

Okay, I buy an iPad2; then what?

What else needs to be 'purchased'? I guess maybe some kind of service in order to access the 'internet'.
    Don't really know what WiFi is, either. Maybe I should Google it, do you think?
    What about the so-called 'apps' I keep seeing reference to; is there a cost for each one of those I would want to acquire?
    I currently have a desktop PC with ISP service via cable internet capability.
    Is there something on the internet that I could access that would walk me through the basics in the use of an iPad?

flavet
    Dell Inspiron 15R, 8GB, Win7 Home Premium 64bit SP1
    All help truly appreciated!

Thanks
    Hi flavet,

Check out this Wikipedia article on WiFi. It will provide you with a good introduction to the term and what it entails.

Here is a great tutorial from Microsoft on how to set up a WLAN (Wireless local area network) in your home. It walks you through all the requirements and components of a WLAN, and how to set them up. You already have cable internet, so you can build on that.

To effectively use the iPad2, you need to have a WiFi network in your home.

As to 'apps', there is the Apple Store, which you will find an icon for on your iPad. This is where you can purchase and download applications you may want to add to your iPad2. Many must be purchased (via Credit Card- you have to set up an Apple Store account), but there are many that are also free of charge.

MakeUseOf.com has an excellent guide on the iPad in .pdf format. It is freely available for download from their web site. While there, check out there other free guides on many computing topics.

These links should get you going. Have fun.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Deadeye81 For This Useful Post:

flavet (2011-08-09)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    @Deadeye81

Thank you for your comprehensive reply. I will get going on all of the references you cite. This is the big reason I think this type of forum is great.

flavet