Thanks

Access 2010 does not display installed Sample Templates

My title says it all. I've found the sample templates at c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033 (along with all the other templates shipped with Office 2010 Pro).

However, I can't find anywhere to ensure that Access is looking there.

I hesitate to Repair Office -- I then have a hundred or so little things that I have to re-tweak. I recently did so to correct something else and I'm still picking settings out of my hair.

Is there a registry setting, or one in the program? What am I missing?!
    Thanks!
    Kim

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Unfortunately, the Help in Access 2010 is a bit misleading. It refers to a New tab on the Backstage view, but it isn't really a tab, but a menu choice. When you start 2010 without a database that "view" is automatically selected. Also note that the templates in 2010 aren't exactly installed - they are simply copied to that directory. To use one of those you simply click on Sample Templates in the Home view under New, and it displays the ones in that directory. Hope that helps.
    Wendell

Thanks
    Thank you WendellB, but when I went to the Backstage view and clicked on Sample Templates, they did not appear. Nothing local did, although I was able to view the templates on Microsoft's Office Templates site.

However, I have since installed SP1 and now all the Sample Templates display. Hmmmm.

Thanks again, Kim