New Lounger
    Thanks

Office Shortcut Bar (Office 2000/SR1)

We are running two setups for office here one which runs from the network and one which is installed directly to the users PC. I'm having a major problem with the Office Shortcut Bar not working on the networked installations. The files OSA9.exe & Msoffice.exe are all installed locally, most users have them in their startup folders but when the files are clicked the egg timer simply sits for a short while and then disappears. I've checked the installation & the shortcut bar is requested. I've tried reinstalling & i've tried repairing. I'm currently having to create keyboard shortcuts for everybody for Word & Excel so any help would be hugely appreciated.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office Shortcut Bar (Office 2000/SR1)

Two suggestions:
    - Copy link to MSOffice Shortcut bar to Startup folder:
    Right-click Start button, choose Explore all users, copy file ProgramsMicrosoft Office ToolsMicrosoft Office Shortcut bar to ProgramsStartup
    - If it doesn't work, you can create a new IE toolbar (between Start button and Icon Tray where the clock is):
    Right-click empty space on the bar between Start and clock, choose Toolbars | New Toolbar, and point to your MSOffice toolbar folder (usually ..Application DataMicrosoftOfficeShortcut BarOffice). If it's not enough space on the bar, you can hide Quick Launch Bar.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office Shortcut Bar (Office 2000/SR1)

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried the first one with no success and the second one is a non starter i'm afraid as were still using Windows 95. After checking this and a number of other forums it seems that this is a reasonably common type of problem. It looks like they are all going to get switched to local install now anyway.

Thanks for you help.