2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Gadget Misbehavior

My gadgets are on top of my open browser. A click of the mouse and they disappear and are back where they belong on my desktop. They function properly. It's annoying more then anything.

This only happens once when I fire up my PC for the day first time....when I open a browser or Thunderbird. I use Firefox almost exclusively, but in checking further, it happens if I open IE9 or Thunderbird. I "googled" for a solution, but didn't find much to help. Most of the stuff I found had to do with the gadgets themselves malfunctioning. Mine just kinda get displaced.

Can someone help with a fix ? TIA

Diane
    Last edited by PeachesP; 2011-08-10 at 20:16.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Unfortunately I do not use the gadget option, but I think there is an option in its settings to untick 'always on top'. don't know if this will resolve your issue but hope so.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks...I'll look for that option.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The exact same thing occurs on my PC. As long as I can get them to go behind with one click, I do not consider it a big issue. The always on top setting will make them stay on top.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ldb View Post
    The exact same thing occurs on my PC. As long as I can get them to go behind with one click, I do not consider it a big issue. The always on top setting will make them stay on top.
    The always on top makes them always there, just like you said.....in looking around last night I came across a Microsoft article about re-registering the files associated with the gadget process; now I can't find it. I'll put it here if I'm able to locate it....if my memory serves me right you run the fix from the command prompt.

D.