Thread: email announcer

New Lounger
    Thanks

email announcer

I have been using a program called "Mailwasher" for a while but would like to find an alternative. Mailwasher is a program that checks what email you have from all email addresses and I find it good to check email without the need to open each email client - until they went to a yearly based fee system. I had already paid for the program and now a yearly "subscription" fee seems a bit much.

So, does anyone have any ideas if there is a substitute that checks POP and Imap systems?

Thanks
    I use Mailwasher rarely now but I have the old free version that allowed unlimited accounts.
    I remember when they went to a paid version but I wasn't that interested, besides I had the free version..
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"

Thanks
    I believe what you are looking for is a mail client. Windows Live Mail (WLM) is one such mail client that I use very effectively. I can check web based email, pop based email, etc from one mail client. Check it out.

WLM.jpg
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Myers View Post
    I believe what you are looking for is a mail client. Windows Live Mail (WLM) is one such mail client that I use very effectively. I can check web based email, pop based email, etc from one mail client. Check it out.

WLM.jpg
    Ted, thank you but what I am looking for is similar to Mailwasher rather than a "client". With Mailwasher one does not have to download the email to see or delete them while a "client", as I understand it, is like Outlook, Thunderbird, or any email programs where you need to download the complete email to view it.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Why not use a free ISP such as Hotmail or Gmail? Both of these have excellent spam filters and you can use the web interface to review email before using a mail client to download the mail.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Joe, the reason I don't use them is that I have to associate one with the other. This means that the information found in my pop or imap accounts would have to be shared, for an example, with the likes of Google's data mining. Mailwasher, and similar programs, simply reads the email that exists on several independent servers and does not share or download the email, or use other servers to do this. And, the program resides on my computer. I would like to find a similar program to Mailwasher, but not at a yearly fee. Thanks for the reply.

Administrator
    Thanks
    You can try to use the last free version of Mailwasher - see last free mailwasher search results.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP517 View Post
    You can try to use the last free version of Mailwasher - see last free mailwasher search results.

Joe
    That would work, but it's limited to one email account. I have about eight email accounts.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Sorry, I can't help. I don't use Mailwasher or anything like it. The spam filters in Outlook work well enough for me.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP517 View Post
    Sorry, I can't help. I don't use Mailwasher or anything like it. The spam filters in Outlook work well enough for me.

Joe
    Joe, thanks for the replies. It isn't so much as I am looking for spam filtering, but rather just to check out the email without the need to open Outlook.

Administrator
    Thanks
    I have Outlook running all the time so I never worry about checking email with another tool.

The best I can recommend is a Bing or Google search. Maybe someone else can jump in.

Joe