New Lounger
    Thanks

Pictures Move in Excel 2007 when printing

Morning,

Hoping someone can lead me in the right direction ...

We do excel sheets for clients and they like to have their logos on the top of the excel sheet below the date and above the data. I've went thru all the settings and have searched everywhere but no answers I've found work so that the pictures don't move in print preview and when printing.

What happens is the logos drop down into the data. Is there a setting that will stop them from moving?

Thanks so much for your time ...

Suzy

Thanks
    Do you have Service Pack 2 installed?
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Service Pack 2 is installed.

Tried changing the settings in the picture properties example Don't move or size with cell .... ect, have tried different combinations of settings and nothing seems to do the trick. Use grouping a lot also because the data needed in the reports changes daily sometimes. Wondered if that could change things as well?

Read it could be the printer driver also but I don't actually print them, some of the customers do. My printer loaded on the laptop is the companies printer and I work full time at home so just going by print preview and how they look as a pdf. Kind of in a tough spot for it. The customers don't complain but it bugs me that I can't figure it out and would like to solve the issue, seems like I'm missing a simple step but from lots of reading see a lot of others have the same issue.

Thanks for your time ...
    Last edited by suzy; 2011-08-11 at 20:08. Reason: added info

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Just ran into this as well. Even though this was a while ago, thought I'd share what I found. If you insert a picture into a spreadsheet, Excel will identify it as being a certain distance from the top left corner. If there are rows or columns in between the picture and the top right corner that are not specified in the print area but are visible, they will throw off your picture's placement when you print or view in print preview.

For example, in my spreadsheet, columns A & B are visible but are not included in my print area (columns C:I). My logo is at the top and centered by sight to the center of columns C:I. When I switch to print preview, the logo jumps to the left. When I hide columns A & B, my logo lurches out to the right because Excel is figuring a certain distance from the left hand side and neglects to take into account the print area. You can either hide the cells not included in the print area, adjust the picture placement and print or adjust the picture by sight until it looks good in print preview, even though it will be off in normal view. I'm sure this can be fixed in VBA too.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Hi

Is your logo suitablably 'cropped' and anchored to the cells?
    (When I say anchored to the cells I mean perfectly aligned.)
    Have you taken appropriate account of margin settings and paper size.
    Working with graphics can be a litlle troublesome at times but I've never had any major issues myself.

zeddy

Thanks
    Is it possible to insert the picture into the Header which should lock its position?
    Paul Coyle
    Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon