New Lounger
    Thanks

.NET Framework not working correctly after re-install of Windows 7

This is my first post to this web site. If I'm reposting an old question, I'm sorry.

After refreshing my O.S. (Windows 7 Home Premiun 64 Bit) per Fred Langa's TOP STORY (July 14), I am encountering this problem from Microsoft .NET Framework. The Microsoft .NET Framework pop-up windows reads, "SetUp has detected that the .NET Framework Version 4 needs to be repaired. Do not restart your computer until SetUp is complete." After a few minutes this window goes away. Whenever, I start my computer, this window presents itself and goes away after a short time, over and over. Oh yes, I have removed the Windows 7 SP-1 UpDate per F. Langa's article. After re-installing Windows 7 and before downloading SP-1, I get the above message. After installing SP-1, I get this same message.

Add to this, I can't do a Windows UpDate that contains anything related to .NET Framework. After a period of time to download the UpDate, it says that the procedure failed.

My gut response to this is that it has something to do with the Registry, don't know, just a guess.

I sure could stand some help. THANKS to anyone who can help me.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Using a link just posted by JoeP, probably my suggestion would be that you remove your all .net versions, using the tool described here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/arc...8/8904493.aspx

After that, you can install .net again. Probably you can do with just installing 3.5 and 4.0.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    .NET 3.5.1 is an integrated part of Windows 7. No need to install 3.5.

See What version of .NET is included in which version of Windows.

Joe

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP517 View Post
    .NET 3.5.1 is an integrated part of Windows 7. No need to install 3.5.

See What version of .NET is included in which version of Windows.

Joe
    Thanks for clarifying that Joe.

New Lounger
    Thanks

.NET Framework not working correctly after re-install of Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by ruirib View Post
    Using a link just posted by JoeP, probably my suggestion would be that you remove your all .net versions, using the tool described here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/arc...8/8904493.aspx

After that, you can install .net again. Probably you can do with just installing 3.5 and 4.0.

After looking at the web site quote above from "ruirib", I bit the bullet and downloaded. I uninstalled the whole Framework program (s), then went to Microsoft web site and downloaded .NET Framework Version 4. Seems like computer is behaving itself and working properly.

Thank You so very much.

doug52361

Administrator
    Thanks
    That's great. I'm glad it's all working now.