New Lounger
    Thanks

Upgrading email from pop3 to Microsoft Exchange

I am updating some computers at work. We have Hosted Exchange, but some of the accounts were operating as pop3 accounts rather than Exchange accounts. I understand how to set up the Exchange account, but I would also like to copy over the Outlook.pst data to the exchange account. These are the same email accounts. I want to be able to delete the pop3 account, but need to save the calendar and contacts, etc to the Exchange Account. Is this possible? I do not want the confusion of two sets of contacts and calendars. Any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    You can import the information from the POP3 PST file into the Exchange Account using Outlook.

Joe

Lounger
    Thanks
    How many accounts are we talking about? Are you wanting to avoid touching all the desktops?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pcunite View Post
    How many accounts are we talking about? Are you wanting to avoid touching all the desktops?
    It is just one account going to a new computer and I want to set it up the exchange account and then import the contact and calendar info from the old computer.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Save/copy the .PST file from the old computer somewhere where it will be accessible on the new computer. Copy or move the .PST file to the new PC. In Outlook open use "Open an Outlook data file" and you can drag and drop what you want. Or use the Import wizard to import what you want from the .PST file.

Joe