New Lounger
    Thanks

What is downloading into my PC

Hi

Often when I glance at my USB wireless adapter I notice the little blue light flashing away. That's OK if I am knowingly communicating with the web but what when I'm not? Does anyone know of an application which will flash up some indication about what is being downloaded and by who? I guess most of the activity is accounted for by the numerous self updating apps which reside on my PC but how can I spot the unwelcome ones? Maybe this is an impossible request but I thought I would ask anyway.
    Regards

Jim

Lounger
    Thanks
    TCP View by System Internals should help you.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s...rnals/bb897437

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you pcunite. That certainly gives me all the info. I need.

Jim

New Lounger
    Thanks

Lightbulb

On a wireless network, the wireless adapter and the wireless router/access point with send data back and forth. This is normal operation as there are process built into verify the wireless is connected and active. Even if you are not "actively" using the wireless connection there will still be data passed between the devices. Many times simple tasks such as virus definitions or windows update processes will run in the background and request data to be downloaded. Of there could be network traffice like DNS lookups or DHCP client communicating with the DHCP server on the network or router.

Thewizard813