4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Convert Music Tape to MP3

I have an old music tape that I want to convert to MP3. I plugged a cable into my headphone jack and the Line In on my computer. I am using Audacity. In Preferences, Audio I/O I have both Playback and Recording set to Sigma Tel Audio, (it was my only choice besides Microsoft Sound Mapper and I read on Audacity's site that I shouldn't use that) and have it set to Line In on the Mixer Toolbar. When I play the tape, I am not getting any sound on the computer.

I tested the headphone jack on my boom box by plugging in some external speakers and they work. My computer is about 4 years old, no brand, assembled by our IT guys and am running Windows XP, SP3.

In Control Panel, Sounds, I have set Line In as the Recording Control and have the volume all the way up. It shows that the Sigma Tel Audio device is working properly.

I'm assuming that I'm missing some setting somewhere but I don't know what else to check. Anyone have any ideas that can help me out? Thanks.

Thanks
    You can find step by step instructions here.

Jerry

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Jerry. Those were all the steps that I had taken.

I did get it solved, finally. I tried it on another computer here in the office and it worked great! Guess my old computer is just not up to snuff. Time for a new one!

Thanks again for the help.