Thanks

Icons for http links??

The default for IE was the white square with the "e". Firefox was the white square with the Firefox globe, and Chrome was [and is] the Chrome icon. Now they are all showing as a blue globe.

I had thought [I understood ] that the icons for shortcuts were derived from the exe file that executes them. This doesn't seem to be the case if Chrome is set as the default browser. Then all the icons switch -- to what from where? is there any choice or control over the icons then?

Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Thanks
    Jerry had posted an answer to this, but when I came here, the answer wasn't there, only my post.

Were is Jerry's post:
    If you right click on an icon and select properties, and then the shortcut tab, you can click on the change icon button you should be able to see where the file the icon picture is coming from by the box next to the browse button. Any optional icons in the file are also shown. You can browse to a different file and select a new icon from there. (eg iexplore.exe).

Jerry

That part I get. But I was hoping to gain Right now, all three browsers give me the same incon, strangely, That means I would have to change every shortcut, and the default isn't "right" anyway.

Harumph!
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

Thanks
    Sorry, I deleted my answer because I misread your original post. I thought you were referring to program icons, not Internet web link icons. My answer referred to changing those so I deleted it. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused. I should have posted a mea culpa response instead. These are usually specific to the Web page and are called Favicons like the Widows Secret mascot icon that shows up in your browser address bar when you open this forum. Not sure how you got the browser icon instead of the links Favicon.

Jerry

Thanks
    You are forgiven but of no help to the poor old man!